Monday, December 29, 2008

A heartbreak and two movies!!!

Two days to the New Year...and whoa...I find myself at crossroads...and ya surprisngly,this time I have an answer also to my oh-this-cannot-happen-again-to-me problem!!! anyways a girl always feels lighter at heart when she has a heart-to-heart talk with her best friend...even though that person is the bone of contention!!! I am amazingly stupid in some matters but luckily this time after the cyclone hit me over the weekend, I feel more sane and calm on this snail-paced Monday!!!
Maybe because I spent..rather forced myself to do what I like doing the best- shopping and watching movies!!! As they say Retail & Cinematic theory always helps and heals fast...(now don't ask me who said that..tsk..tsk)
A new dress and Slumdog Millionaire...hmm...doesnt seem that bad an healing alternative for my rather heart-breaking weekend..
Wats with this guy...Mr.A.R. Rehman...isnt there a limit to his brilliance in one year...started with Jodha Akbar and ended with Slumdog Millionaire...Ghajini,Jane tu ya jane na...even the soulful Yuvvraaj is a gem...he has really outdone himself....though Jodha Akbar is a personal favourite...there is a richness in its music and the Sufi straints are heavenly...but with Slumdog..his music creates images,paints characters and sets the pace of the movie...I think after Guru,finally with Slumdog, Rehman has again connected with the cinematographer...you feel the music,as you see the movie...
Oh ya,and the night when the cyclone hit, I watched the "Memento"ous Ghajini...bad choice to go with such a mood..but when you see a brilliant actor enjoying and having fun in say, such illogical scenes...you usually get so involved to think anything else...But kuddos to the director..in a long time have seen a 3 hour long movie which does not drag......though being dumb its really executed well...maybe it would have been better off with couple of misplaced songs and the spiritless Jiah khan...but no doubt Aamir rocks!!!(by the way what happened to his fashion sense,wat with those Club Bouncer's shirts....lol)..
And Slumdog lifted up my spirit...it makes you believe in the brilliance and excellence of story-telling..more than the story..there was a heart in its screenplay that touched the chords...and I liked Dev Patel!!!
But somewhere Slumdog reminded me of Shantaram...still waiting for it to be adapted to screen..that will be a journey to take..and with Rehman's music!!!
Happy Dreaming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment