Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter mood sets in...

For now I am the only visitor to my Blog..I am soon gonna invite my friends..but for now this is good till I get back to my habit...I have my own space...
Was gonna post something else in the blog today..but going with the collective mood around and the snow storm outside..winter in New york was more apt...
Its a thick white sheet outside the window...the NY skyline has suddenly disappeared...still in the mood to enjoy my first snow showers in life....its amazing and beautiful...though the chill kills!!!
But though the festive spirit here is dimmed..people still have the best wishes and hope in their hearts as they start preparing for Christmas day....a new year ahead...
With the tumultous recession times..America is going through a real change..job losses,retail & auto industries failing...big banking & investment institutions being washed out...the dynamics of this Superpower is really changing...
The new President has a big task ahead....
Growing up in Convent institutions...being with Missionary sisters in my junior School...Christmas has always been one of the best times of the year,next to Durga Puja...
Getting gifts from Santa on Christmas eve nights,decorating the trees...pestering Mom for Cake...its all happy memories...
and soon I got in my own christmas tradition of reading Enid Blyton's "The Christmas story" each year....a book for all ages...with each chapter describing the different christmas tradition-
the Mistletoe,the story of baby Jesus,the story of three wise men,origin of Santa Claus..i just luv it...have read it each year for last 10 years...but do not have the book this year with me in New york..will miss you dearie!!!
Oooops..gonna run now...its snowing outside...and my manager just told I can leave early...yipeee
will soon be back online from home...getting addicted to Blogging!!!
Happy snowy weekend!!! luvin it more now..:):)

3 comments:

  1. good blog, Keep it going
    a secret admirer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful blog! What it heeds is aggressive marketing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the encouragement..will try to improve surely!!!

    ReplyDelete